Monday, April 17, 2006

I recently got ahold of the movie "Song of The South". The infamous disney movie they don't want you to see. I plan on watching it tonight. I haven't seen it since I was little. I know some people are offended by this movie. I want to judge for myself. Sometimes in the face of all the rhetoric, and all the bitterness everyone tosses at each other, the best way to take a stand against it all is to sit back and let the work speak to you in it's own words. I firmly believe that if we don't open our minds to what is out there good or bad, and instead lock everything away that might offend someone then we truly are not living up to the intentions of this country. One day it's a movie you shouldn't be allowed to see, the next an image, the next a book. With every horror that takes place throughout the world daily I cherish dearly the freedom I have to decide what does and does not offend me, not what someone else tells me should offend me. I hope we never lose that right.

-The captain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home