Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Batwoman is a lesbian (?)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/06/01/batwoman.uncloseted.ap/index.html

I don't really have a problem with this as a whole, but my biggest concern is why? The article says it's to give her a different point of view, like somehow being female doesn't give her enough of a different point of view versus how batman sees things. It feels like they are stacking the deck to hammer people on the head and say "hey look at her, she's completely different from batman and to prove it she competes with batman to get the ladies" because they think people are too stupid to get that she is a different character. I really hate it when characters are given what can be considered controversial personality traits solely to sell a book. And while this might not be why this is being done, it sures feels like it on the surface. Maybe DC will prove me wrong. I hope so, but I won't hold my breath.

-the Captain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home